To use a MacBook’s Atheros wireless chipset on Linux, you need to use Ndiswrapper with the provided Boot Camp drivers.
- Get the wi-fi driver at makel.org. The one you’re looking for is drivers/Atheros/AtherosXPInstaller.exe.
- Install ndiswrapper from apt.
- Install unrar from apt.
- Extract the drivers with “$ unrar x AtherosXPInstaller.exe“
- Install the drivers with “$ ndiswrapper -i net5416.inf“
- $ sudo modprobe ndiswrapper
- $ sudo echo >> /etc/modules “ndiswrapper”
- Delete the temporary files
- The wireless should start working immediately.